Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Craigslist Dresser Makeover

I've been searching for a new dresser for my getting ready room for a while now.   After doing some (okay, a lot) of pinteresting, I found this dresser on a DIY blog, and knew this was just what I wanted to do! 


The catch was my Handyman gave me a $50 budget to buy a new dresser.   So it was off to Craigslist and garage sales for me!  

 Just last week I found this little gem for $50 on Craigslist, and the makeover began! 

 
My handyman and I took a little trip to Lowes and bought this allen + roth Paintable Ceiling Tiles Wallpaper, trim, spray adhesive, and some gray paint.

 Then the games began!   We measured and cut the paintable wallpaper, and then used the spray adhesive to "glue" the wallpaper to the drawers.  Once they dried we painted the drawers and the dresser. 

 I leave all the heavy machinery to the handy man.  So using a saw, Kevin cut down all the trim, and while he cut, I primed and painted them. 


 The final step was a trip to Pier 1 to buy the handles.   (We may have picked up a new living room chair while we there as well, so those were some expensive knobs! :) ) 






My newest obsession is Rodan + Fields skin products.   Check out all their wonderful products here.  

Redfine Regimen has been my favorite so far!  Talk about some serious before and after pictures!  













2 comments:

  1. Another great idea!!!!! Maybe we'll see you in person someday!!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was inspired by this piece and I'm currently working on my own. Check out my page!


    http://diyguytexas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete